RE: Standby databases and batch loads

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:18:55 -0400

Well - it's not that it cannot be done, it is just a bit more complicated.

One standard strategy is to partition the tables being loaded such that the bit being loaded in append mode is in a relatively small tablespace and file. You do indeed need to re-instantiate any of the files that contain unlogged operations.

You can also use "force logging" but if you absolutely require the speed of unlogged append mode for your daily loads, that will degrade the load speed somewhat.

Are you planning to use dataguard or roll your own?

Regards,

mwf