Re: More than 2 ASM Diskgroups in a RAC Enviornment with 2 Databases

From: Naqi Mirza <naqimirza_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 23:05:55 -0800 (PST)

Gopal,

This is from the the ASM Best Practices Document on OTN. See page 12 of 39, under diskgroups and databases:
.
To reduce the complexity of managing asm and its diskgroups, Oracle Recommends that generally no more than two diskgroups be maintained and managed per RAC cluster or single ASM Instance.
.
That said, I didn't mean to imply its not supported or not possible - I, only, inferred this from the above.
That said, I proceeded to test the install, with the details below - and its all good - works fine (so far).
Thanks

Naqi

Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007146509X/