RE: Multi-core FAQ (new) (wrt Oracle database server software licensing)

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 09:19:34 -0800

For anyone still interested in this thread, the only difference I can see is that they opened up the SE products such that they are limited by socket instead of core. EE has not changed. I think others have pointed out the same, but there is a very humorous misconception in the press that I point out here:

http://kevinclosson.wordpress.com/2007/03/02/got-barcelona-how-bad-do-yo u-really-need-enterprise-edition-oracle/