RE: standby controlfile

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 14:39:01 -0500

Hmm....just from a common sense point of view, I'm thinking the answer is no, cause you want a standby controlfile that's specific to a particular (primary) database. What good would it do to explicitly create a standby controlfile arbitrarily, that doesn't have any tie to a primary database? (Can you even call it a standby control file if it's not specifically tied to a primary database? I'm thinking no.)

So, I have to ask, why do you want to do this?

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

"There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of sol beach Sent: Friday, March 02, 2007 1:23 PM
To: Oracle-L Freelists
Subject: standby controlfile

I know I can create a standby controlfile by the following: ALTER DATABASE CREATE STANDBY CONTROLFILE; Is there any way to use
CREATE CONTROLFILE ......
command to create a STANDBY CONTROLFILE? I have been unable to find the necessary syntax in the Fine SQL Reference Manual

TIA!

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Mar 02 2007 - 13:39:01 CST