Re: HELP!!! HORRIBLE ARCHITECTURE

From: Paula Stankus <paulastankus_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 11:43:13 -0800 (PST)

yes,

  it occurs to me that we will need to setup some serious testing in a staging environment that matches production before deploying to production to ensure that all of these things come together in the end.

  ...sigh...

Paula Stankus <paulastankus_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

    Here it is and if someone has a good solution let me know.

  I have inherited this database with multiple, multiple schemas.

  The schemas have views and the views access more schemas.

  The database is very large.

  I have about 10 development groups needing (per their request) 10 separate instances to develop on because they are in different phases of development.

  Refreshing the databases is a nightmare. Just when you thought you were done you need yet another underlying schema.

  I don't have enough space for 10 clones of prod (wish I did)

  Any suggestions???

  Never miss an email again!

Don't be flakey. Get Yahoo! Mail for Mobile and always stay connected to friends.