column masking in 10g

From: David Boyd <davidb158_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 08:35:51 -0500

Hi All,

We¡¯d like to block a column for some users, but open to other users. We don¡¯t care about row level security. If the user has the privilege to see the column data, she/he gets to see the data in the column for the entire table. Otherwise the column is null. I was wondering if any one uses VPD column masking in 10g to block columns. If you do, could you please share your code with me?

Dave

Mortgage rates as low as 4.625% - Refinance $150,000 loan for $579 a month. Intro*Terms