RE: Oracle Management Agent Configuration in a Active-Passive HA environment

From: Tony Aponte <Tony_Aponte_at_Jabil.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 16:28:51 -0500

I got it working with Veritas' VCS by following the installation instructions. The only thing I had to add was a script for VCS to poll the agent so that it knew it was up on the node I wanted it to be. I suspect that Service Guard has the same requirement to know if a component is up/down on the active/passive node.

Tony Aponte

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Verma, Amit Sent: Monday, February 26, 2007 8:03 PM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Oracle Management Agent Configuration in a Active-Passive HA environment

We are using HP Service Guard clustering for a 2 node cluster (Non-RAC). It will be an Active-Passive environment with manual failover/switchover. The database will be 10.2.0.2. I have to install 10.2.0.1/2 management agent to monitor this configuration and the targets within.

I read the documentation, which says that install management agent on the 2 physical nodes separately, remove the targets that should be managed as a cluster (perhaps DB and listener) and then install another
(third) agent on the virtual hostname/IP address. Has anyone done this
before? Any insights would be much appreciated. Thanks.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/em.102/b40002/actpass_ env.htm#CHDHAHCB
<http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/em.102/b40002/actpass _env.htm#CHDHAHCB>

Amit Verma

ES-DAS Database Administrator