Oracle Management Agent Configuration in a Active-Passive HA environment

From: Verma, Amit <Amit.Verma7_at_T-Mobile.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 17:03:16 -0800

We are using HP Service Guard clustering for a 2 node cluster (Non-RAC). It will be an Active-Passive environment with manual failover/switchover. The database will be 10.2.0.2. I have to install 10.2.0.1/2 management agent to monitor this configuration and the targets within.

I read the documentation, which says that install management agent on the 2 physical nodes separately, remove the targets that should be managed as a cluster (perhaps DB and listener) and then install another
(third) agent on the virtual hostname/IP address. Has anyone done this
before? Any insights would be much appreciated. Thanks.

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/em.102/b40002/actpass_ env.htm#CHDHAHCB

Amit Verma
ES-DAS Database Administrator
(425) 424-7890