Re: disc layout for a peoplesoft finance database

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 19:10:21 -0600

Richard,

Would your advice be any different from "use good Oracle practices". I haven't worked on Peoplesoft, but at one time worked for and ERP vendor. When people were newly installing the application, they wanted to know how to spread their tablespaces. So we developed a sheet that gave a reasonable breakdown. After your site has been in production for awhile, you can use Oracle to tell you what are the hot tablespaces. And it will vary by site. ERP systems offer a lot of features, like HR, GL, etc. Some sites don't use some features, so there may be little-used tablespaces.

Dennis Williams