Re: Background Checks for DBAs

From: <ryan_gaffuri_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 18:46:33 +0000

Its fairly common to have to do background checks when you get an offer. I even had to do a drug screen once. Criminal and Financial are kind of the minimum. I know a private sector company that goes back 7 years(they are just checking to see if you are lying). If you do most anything for the federal government a background check is almost always required.

I have never heard about this many background checks. It doesn't really make sense. I am surprised your company doesn't just keep your background check on file.

what are they checking? anything more than criminal and financial? The name they give is meaningless. You have to see what they are checking. to have, and

There are no legal recourses to stop this. Background checks have gotten alot cheaper so more and more companies do them.