Re: force hint on complex view; 9.2.0.6

From: Cosmin Ioan <cosmini_at_bridge-tech.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 08:27:18 -0800 (PST)

my bad; pls disregard;
yeah, between global hints and NO_INDEX, I should be able to do some serious Yoga SQL ;-)

thx all,
Cos

Cosmin Ioan <cosmini_at_bridge-tech.com> wrote: excellent, that's **part** of the answer I was looking for! thanks Mark/Christian.

I am however looking for options to
--**override** (or turn off) (some of) the existing hints (whether RULE or otherwise), and/or **complement** them with more. Is something like this possible?

thx much,
Cos

"Mark J. Bobak" <mark.bobak_at_il.proquest.com> wrote: Cosmin,

I think what you want are global hints:
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96533/hintsref.htm#6298

Hope that helps,

-Mark