Re: Getting the Current Timezone

From: William B Ferguson <wbfergus_at_usgs.gov>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 08:21:31 -0700

Sorry for the delay, I was at the RMOUG the last couple of days. Not quite sure what you need, but you can probably accomplish what you want/need after looking at the Data datatypes section at http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14261/datatypes.htm. The section has some examples of some of the various functions, but you may need to jump over into the NLS documentation as well, to make sure your database is setup properly.

Last time I got invloved in all this it took about 3 days of searching through countless Oracle docs before I got all the pieces in the right order.

                               Bill Ferguson
            U.S. Geological Survey - Minerals Information Team
                           PO Box 25046, MS-750
                           Denver Federal Center
                          Denver, Colorado 80225
           Voice (303)236-8747 ext. 321     Fax   (303)236-4208
      ~ Think on a grand scale, start to implement on a small scale ~

UtahToad <mr.hicken_at_gmail.com>
02/15/2007 12:48 PM
Please respond to
mr.hicken_at_gmail.com

oracle-l_at_freelists.org
cc

Subject
Getting the Current Timezone

In all the research and testing I have done, I cannot find a function that will return the timezone for what you need. You can get the time in a different timezone and some things like that, but I cannot find a way to have the system give you the MDT or MST back to you. I find people wanting
this and the answer was that they would have to write something themselves..

Any ideas?

--

2/15/2007 --
UtahToad