RE: Swap Leak on Solaris 9 and a posting from last year by Grzegorz Goryszewski

From: <Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:22:35 -0500

Thanks for the confirmation. Kind of annoying... like OEM installing everything, licensed or not, and it's up to you to figure out how to stop it. (and in some cases, the stopping doesn't mean resouces don't continue to be consumed. Oracle of course, dismisses those resources as inconsequential)

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson_at_crowley.com
x72546
904 727-2546

From: Mark Strickland [mailto:strickland.mark_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 2:57 PM To: Patterson, Joel
Cc: Amir.Hameed_at_xerox.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: Swap Leak on Solaris 9 and a posting from last year by Grzegorz Goryszewski

Yes, it is installed and run automagically. Yes, from what I understand, it is indeed desirable to stop it and prevent it from running if it's not needed. I didn't know that until yesterday's swap hairball. Now I know.

Mark