ASM normal redundancy vs external redundancy

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:14:14 +0300

Hello List,

When we test ASM with normal redudancy vs external redundancy on AIX, we got different result of performance.

Queries on tables which reside on the tablespace that is placed with external redudancy ASM disk were giving faster result than tables which reside with tablespace placed with ASM normal redundancy.

Does any one has similar expreience?

Which redundancy type works for a highly OLTP database?

--
Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain

http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."