Re: Using DD to Read Data from Oracle Datafiles

From: Nuno Souto <dbvision_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 15:19:09 +1100

Quoting Tim Gorman <tim_at_evdbt.com>:

> She was pretty upset. It's interesting how people have gotten
> entrenched into their ideas. She remains absolutely convinced that her
> biggest risk of going to jail under SOX is not from the people with
> whom she works every day, but the "nameless, faceless" IT drones who
> "control everything" and "have their fingers in everything".

This is really a sad state of affairs. But even within the IT sphere, the most likely "criminal" will be the mail server administrator, in whatever guise that job may be held at any given company.

Having worked in secure environments for much longer than I ever wanted, the ONLY case of declared breach of data security I ever saw involved precisely one of these people.

And yes: accountants, admin and management folks are by far the most likely "data criminals" out there.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto