Re: OCM Oracle Certified Master exam preparation

From: Ranko Mosic <ranko.mosic_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 11:38:09 -0500

Thanks guys for your time and input.
Some topics are not clear to me:

Server Configuration
[] Configure the network environment to allow connections to multiple databases - is this RAC ( TAF ) related, or just standard tnsnames.ora configuration

Enterprise Manager Grid Control
- 10gR1 Grid control is extremely buggy - I was able to install 10gR2 only;

   would this small ( but possibly significant ) difference matter ?

 [ ] Create notifications
- do I assume email is configured on the server, or I have to do it myself ?

Real Application Clusters
[ ] Install Oracle Clusterware
This is heavily OS dependent. United Linux is exam OS. If I prepare my exam on RedHat would it be close enough ?

Performance Management
[ ] Manage Services
What is this ? If RAC services then it should be under RAC ? If services as defined by service_names parameter, sys$background etc, then there is nothing to manage there.

[ ] Create and manage objects to accommodate different data access methods (schema tuning)
Do I care about hash clusters, IOT's, optimizer hints ?

Regards, Ranko

--
Regards,
Ranko Mosic