Re: How many of you use S.A.M.E?

From: amonte <ax.mount_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 00:01:38 +0100

Hi Brandon

Have you used EMC Meta Devices before?

By the way have you tried by chance what Loaiza suggested, putting data in specfic physical sectors of a hard drive? I am really curious how can that be achieved. S.A.M.E is simple but putting data as he says makes life impossible dont you think so?

Regarding query tuning, it is good, perfect. However the real world experience has taught me that, if you have 50 lousy or even experienced old developers and 4 DBAs you can spend 100% of DBA time tuning queries and it will still be endless. My opinion is we have to get some sort of balance, not be too biased to any.