Re: Reporting from NetBackup

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 11:38:17 -0800

On 2/1/07, Kline.Michael <Michael.Kline_at_suntrust.com> wrote:

> We are using NetBackup for Enterprise backup, but I would like some
> sort of report when they do flat file backups.

Here a few things that may be useful.

nbu_inactive_classes.pl:
perl script to query the MySQL database for inactive policies

nbu_inactive_classes.sh:
runs the perl script

nbumail.pl:
This produces 2 lists of the previous days backups. One list is failures, the other is successes. Requires some editing for servername and email addresses.

It is assumed the NBU Advanced Reporter is installed.

It should be no surprise that Perl is used.

--
Jared Still