Reporting from NetBackup

From: Kline.Michael <Michael.Kline_at_SunTrust.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 09:38:58 -0500

We are using NetBackup for Enterprise backup, but I would like some sort of report when they do flat file backups. Apparently NetBackup itself doesn't do this on it's own, and I may get most of what I need if I can get them to cut a post script and pass me the NetBackup status code.

But since they are still hunting for a reporting system, is there anything out there?

What I would like to have is something that perhaps sends me the log and some timing like start/stop time for the job, perhaps the number of bytes, etc. It would normally work out if we could give it a server and the "subject line" for the email, and who to send it to, that this would be very nice. But is there anything that does that?

Inquiring minds want to know.

If you are already pulling this off, could you send a sample, and what product did it? I'll send it on to the backup folks.

Thanks.

Michael Kline
Database Administration

LEGAL DISCLAIMER
The information transmitted is intended solely for the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of or taking action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email in error please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

SunTrust and Seeing beyond money are federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc. [ST:XCL]