Re: bbed?

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 10:04:05 -0800

I don't see what the big deal is.

Anyone with access to it could just as easily go at the files with any binary capable editor. This is a tool, and a learning aid if you're curious about Oracle internals. On test databases only.

There are so many methods available to compromise a database that I think it's kind of silly to be worried about this. (Just wait until I get my copy of Litchfield's new book. )

If the executable exists on sensitive systems, just delete it.

It is installed by default on many versions of Windows, though I can't recall which ones.

Jared

On 2/1/07, oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> wrote:

> True Mark, but then in the doc he is showing you just how long it is.
> All you have to do is count the dots & apply some logic. Not exactly a
> secured application. You would think that they would ship the rdbms
> with something missing to build this puppy.
>

> Dick Goulet, Senior Oracle DBA
>
> 45 Bartlett St Marlborough, Ma 01752, USA
> Tel.: 598.573.1978 |Fax: 508.229.2019 | Cell:508.742.5795
>
> RGoulet_at_kanbay.com
>
> : POWERING TRANSFORMATION

Jared Still