Re: certification question

From: Jason Heinrich <jheinrich_at_pcci.edu>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 10:01:14 -0600

Yes, there is a direct 8i to 10g certification exam. That's what I took, and that's what I would recommend, as it's only one test, and you don't have to pay for any Oracle University classes. Your biggest problem may be finding study resources for it, but if you're familiar with 9i you shouldn't have a problem just studying the 9i to 10g books and sample exams.

As for waiting for 11g, if you do that you'll probably be waiting a while. I remember it took quite some time for the upgrade exams to come out for 10g, especially the 8i to 10g exam.

On 2/1/07 8:49 AM, Joan Hsieh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 7, 8, 8i certification, I am sick of getting 9i now, can I
> directly go to 10g for just one upgrading test or do I have to pass the
> 9i and then goes to 10g?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joan

Jason Heinrich