Need to convert database characterset from WE8ISO8859P1 TO AL32UTF8

From: Sandeep Dubey <dubey.sandeep_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:52:32 -0500

Hi all

Platofrm: Oracle 10.2 on Linux 2.4

I need to convert database characterset from WE8ISO8859P1 TO AL32UTF8. Following is a part of csscan output. Some application data is convertible. I have blob data in the application. It is nowhere reported whether it is covertinble or changless in the csscan output scan.txt file.

Can I safely convert the database using csalter script? If yes, what will happen to application data in Convertible column?

Or I must use export import? Problem is our production database export and import will take over 24 hours and we can not take that much down time.

The data dictionary can be safely migrated using the CSALTER script

[Application Data Conversion Summary]

Datatype Changeless Convertible Truncation Lossy

[Distribution of Convertible, Truncated and Lossy Data by Table]

USER.TABLE                                 Convertible       Truncation    Lossy

APMS_MASTER.CUSTODIAN_INFOS 3 0 0 APMS_MASTER.DRUG_DESCRIPTIONS 1,270 0 0

Thanks

Sandeep
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Fri Jan 26 2007 - 11:52:32 CST