Re: Java stored procedures suddenly slow

From: Stefan Knecht <knecht.stefan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:21:02 +0100

From your question it seems you're executing an external procedure through java ? Some OS script you run through pl/sql -> java -> windows ?

I don't know much about windows, but perhaps, in your script you can place some timing calls in front and after the call to the zip command, to see where the time is spent ?

One other thing to look at, could be the listener log. For extproc calls, you should be using a separate listener. Perhaps the time is also lost when the listener forks/spawns the new process/thread to execute your program. For the second call, the process could already be there - and therefore execute much faster. Though, like mentioned before - I don't know enough about windows to be able to tell wether this is actually possible or not. But it might give you some hints on where else to look

Stefan