Re: That's great but now what?

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 20:09:30 +0300

Kevin,

Exactly last night, I have done the same. I only used my key board install Oracle software for Linux flavor and Oracle does everything in order to have RAC testing env. on Red Hot Linux 4 with vmware workstation 5.5.
This is good to play with it on a PC where nobody wants to spend money for hardware and other stuff.

On 1/19/07, Kevin Lidh <kevin.lidh_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I just got through building the VMWare/Oracle Linux/10gR2/RAC/ASM
> database based on the instructions here:
>
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/chan-ubl-vmware.html
>
> I've worked in a Tru64 9i RAC environment before so I'm familiar with
> some of the RAC-specific issues that can occur. I have zero experience
> with 10g, Oracle Clusterware, or ASM. I was wondering what "real world"
> scenarios would you all recommend I experiment with? I work in a
> predominantly HP-UX 11.0 Oracle 8i environment and I'm trying to keep up
> with current Oracle technologies. Conversant in them, anyway. Any
> suggestions would be appreciated. I do understand that my setup has
> inherent limitations so if there's a reasonably low-cost hardware
> purchase I could make (e.g. SAN on eBay?), I'm interested in that, too.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin Lidh

Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain
8i,9i & 10g OCP DBA

I blog at :http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/

http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."