That's great but now what?

From: Kevin Lidh <kevin.lidh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 08:09:39 -0700

I just got through building the VMWare/Oracle Linux/10gR2/RAC/ASM database based on the instructions here:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/chan-ubl-vmware.html

I've worked in a Tru64 9i RAC environment before so I'm familiar with some of the RAC-specific issues that can occur. I have zero experience with 10g, Oracle Clusterware, or ASM. I was wondering what "real world" scenarios would you all recommend I experiment with? I work in a predominantly HP-UX 11.0 Oracle 8i environment and I'm trying to keep up with current Oracle technologies. Conversant in them, anyway. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I do understand that my setup has inherent limitations so if there's a reasonably low-cost hardware purchase I could make (e.g. SAN on eBay?), I'm interested in that, too.

Thanks,

Kevin Lidh