Rolling back CPUOct2006 to re-install question

From: DIANNA GIBBS <DIANNA.GIBBS_at_childrens.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 06:29:17 -0600

We installed the CPUOct2006 patch and had major issues. Since we had so many
problems in different environments, we are not sure exactly what we need to do
to install the patch successful in our production environment in a limited-time frame.
We would like to rollback the patch (installed and running on TEST system for a week), so we
can re-install the patch for timings, procedures, etc. Can we be able do this? Is
there any issue of DD corruption or is this advisable to try this? We would
not want to recover the database to a point in time before, just rollback the patch
and start the procedures to install the patch again from the start.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.
Dianna G.