Re: Critical restore issue with Veritas

From: Sandra Becker <sbecker6925_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 13:17:49 -0700

Thank you all for your suggestions. Since we had already lost 34 hours over the tape issue, the SA's agreed to NFS the backup disk from the new server onto the old server; something I asked for 4 months ago and was told that it was too much trouble. I ran an RMAN backup and restore was a piece of cake. I copied the archivelogs to the new node and recovery worked like a charm. I'm now migrating the database from 32-bit to 64-bit and upgrading to 9.2.0.8. We'll be doing disk backups on the new server and the OS backups are working with Veritas so they can backup my RMAN backups to tape. I also created a small test 9.2.0.8 database that we're going to trouble-shoot the tape issue as a backup plan for disk backups and placing a copy of production into test.

Thanks again. With any good luck at all today, I'll be able to get to bed before midnight.

Sandy