Re: Good for a laugh - Oracle 10.2.0.3 does not work with Veritas FS

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:55:01 -0500

Thanks for the heads up. I was all set to go next week. I've heard people complaining about Oracle not properly testing their patch releases but I had never run into any of the patch bugs. This is ridiculous. Veritas was huge with Oracle and Sun (VOS). I'm guessing it wasn't even tested on VxFS. This goes right along with what Kevin Clossom writes about on his blog.

I thought not being able to startup with an spfile was a bad bug but this is horrible.

Mike