ORA-01007 and call stack trace

From: Herring Dave - dherri <Dave.Herring_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 12:18:03 -0600

Oracle 9.2.0.6
Tru64 5.1

I noticed recently that a 3rd party application is generating over 1,000 ORA-01007 errors per day on our production database (found via SERVERERROR trigger). I set event 1007 for a few minutes, to generate a trace file for each time it occurs, to try to grab more detail about what's happening. The statements in the trace files look (and work) just fine. So far all are INSERT ... AS SELECT statements, such as the following:

INSERT INTO UA_SUMMARYCUBE
     ( CUBEID, NAME, DESCRIPTION, SEGMENTID, CELLID, SRCFLOWCHARTID, LASTRUNDATE, DATAFILENAME, TEMPFLAG)
SELECT CUBEID, NAME, DESCRIPTION, SEGMENTID, CELLID, 103425        , LASTRUNDATE, DATAFILENAME, 1
  FROM UA_SUMMARYCUBE
 WHERE SRCFLOWCHARTID = 103425 AND TEMPFLAG = 0;
I was hoping that perhaps details from the call stack trace may shed more light on this, but unfortunately I couldn't find any links to help with this. Does anyone know of any and would be willing to share? Has anyone had something like this situation happen before?

Thanks.

Dave

Dave Herring, DBA
Acxiom Corporation
3333 Finley
Downers Grove, IL 60515
wk: 630.944.4762
<mailto:dherri_at_acxiom.com>

"When I come home from work and see those little noses pressed against the windowpane, then I know I am a success" - Paul Faulkner

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged.

If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please resend this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system.

Thank You.