Re: Oracle Standard Edition & RAC

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 09:31:53 +0000

On 1/5/07, Andrey Kriushin <Andrey.Kriushin_at_rdtex.ru> wrote:

> I know now, that use_indirect_data_buffers leads to ~doubling the space
> required for buffer headers.

The whole experience sounds horrible. I don't know about you but I'm old enough to remember himem.sys, emm386 and so on in the good old 16bit days, but not old enough to know what happened at the 8-16bit transition fortunately - didn't we just get new operating systems then. Why we insist on repeating this stuff is just bizarre to me. It's not even as though 64bit is an especially new technology.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA