Re: Locking the SYS account.

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 08:40:39 -0600

Denham,

In the U.S., there is a law named Sarbanes-Oxley (often referred to as SoX), designed to keep top executives from pilfering company funds. In practice, this has often been extended to computer administrators. If your client is very firm about protecting the SYS account (from you), maybe you could come back to this list with a question along those lines. I think I've heard some companies create a security administrator role. That person just knows how to change passwords. When a DBA needs to perform some work, the SA changes the password temporarily until the DBA has completed the task.

Dennis Williams