Locking the SYS account.

From: Denham Eva <DEVA_at_mf.co.za>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 10:19:03 +0200

This email is subject to Terms and Conditions as found in our Email Legal Notice which forms part of this email message in terms of section 11 of the Electronic Communications and Transaction Act 25 of 2002. Please click on http://www.mf.co.za/content/EMAIL_Legal_Notice.asp , or send a blank email to disclaim@mf.co.za. By receiving, reading or acting upon this email you will automatically be bound by the terms of the Email Legal Notice. Mutual & Federal Insurance Company Limited Authorised Financial Services Provider

Hi,

I am being pressured into changing users on some oracle servers with regards to DBA accounts.
The client wants all these accounts to expire and some commonly known accounts to be locked.
I have not yet tried to experiment with this and would like to know from the community before actually trying this.

What if any are the implications of locking the SYS account?

TIA
Denham

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jan 03 2007 - 02:19:03 CST