Re: RAC Archivelog mode and RMAN

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 07:58:55 -0500

grrrr .... about assigning shared location for archive logs. Perhaps it is just me. If that shared dest goes away for some reason, (most likely) all nodes using that will go down. We intentionally assign separate archive log dest for each node. If required we do cross-instance-archiving, else run a cron job to move archived logs to a common dest manually.

Then again, it is just me.
Raj

On 12/19/06, Haroon A. Qureshi <haroon_a_qureshi_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

> SQL> ALTER SYSTEM SET log_archive_dest='<shared location>' scope=SPFILE;

Got RAC?