Re: Oracle 24x7 shops and Patches-Upgrades.

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 08:36:16 +0000

It wasn't Tom's presentation at UKOUG to which I was referring. It was a reference that I can't now find to the actual delivery of some real 'rolling upgradeable' patchsets. I'd hope it was obvious from all the hedging around that I did that I'm extremely sceptical - and who knows what happens if a rolling upgrade fails halfway through - but I am sure that I've heard this promised again for 11g.

For what it's worth I'm extremely sceptical about the usefulness of the application schema versioning that Tom outlined as well :) I just can't see any of the apps I've seen for the last 5 years or so being able to actually take advantage of what was described.

Cheers

Niall

--
Niall Litchfield