RE: Multiple Block Size

From: VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 12:09:52 +0530

Thanks Prashant for responding.

Could you give some DETAILS about HOW it is helpful when are transporting tablespaces across databases with different block sizes

Cheers

Vivek

From: Dabadge, Prashant [mailto:Prashant.Dabadge_at_e-hps.com] Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 10:34 PM To: VIVEK_SHARMA
Subject: Multiple Block Size

Vivek,

Multiple block size support in Database is very helpful if you are transporting tablespaces across databases with different block sizes.I have done this many times .

I am not very sure if it helps in performance (maybe it might/might not help)

Folks

Does use of Multiple BLOCK sizes (for different Tablespaces) help in Performance of a Hybrid Application?

Any best practices, Links, Docs?

Thanks indeed

Merry X'mas

Prashant Dabadge