RE: Multiple Block Size

From: Murtuja Khokhar <murtuja_oracle_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:51:58 -0800 (PST)

Prashant,

  http://www.dba-oracle.com/oracle_tips_multiple_blocksizes.htmhttp://www.dba-oracle.com/oracle_tips_multiple_blocksizes.htm

VIVEK_SHARMA <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com> wrote:

        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}                Thanks Prashant for responding.

  Could you give some DETAILS about HOW it is helpful when are transporting tablespaces across databases with different block sizes

  Cheers

  Vivek

  From: Dabadge, Prashant [mailto:Prashant.Dabadge_at_e-hps.com] Sent: Tuesday, December 19, 2006 10:34 PM To: VIVEK_SHARMA
Subject: Multiple Block Size

  Vivek,
  Multiple block size support in Database is very helpful if you are transporting tablespaces across databases with different block sizes.I have done this many times .   I am not very sure if it helps in performance (maybe it might/might not help)   Folks
  Does use of Multiple BLOCK sizes (for different Tablespaces) help in Performance of a Hybrid Application?   Any best practices, Links, Docs?

  Thanks indeed

  Merry X’mas
  Prashant Dabadge

Do You Yahoo!?