Re: some interview question

From: Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:53:19 -0600

Laimutis,

That is a really good plan. Of course, when you're being interviewed, you probably won't be given access to that person. Or maybe the last DBA was let go under mysterious circumstances that nobody wants to discuss. That actually happened to me (I was the one who followed the guy). There was a consultant who was bridging the gap between DBAs, so I brought in a tape recorder, and with his permission, recorded his dicussion of the systems, transcribed it that night, had him review it for mistakes.

Dennis Williams