Senior moment

From: Thomas Day <tomday2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 10:32:43 -0500

Oracle 9.2 on AIX

I've created a table (table a) under one schema with a public synonym and granted select to a role.

In another schema, with that role, I've created another schema. I can select count(*) from table a in this second schema but when I try to create a foreign key or a materialized view log I get -

ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

I'm sure that I'm missing something obvious, I just can't think what it is. All suggestions welcome.

SQL> CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW LOG ON ADDRESS_CDS tablespace dss_DATA   2 WITH SEQUENCE(
  3 ADC_DESC
  4 ,ADC_CLOSE_DT
  5 ) INCLUDING NEW VALUES
  6 /
CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW LOG ON ADDRESS_CDS tablespace dss_DATA *
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

SQL> desc ADDRESS_CDS
 Name