Re: MODIFY Materialized View Definition without dropping it (or the MLog) after base table alter?

From: Chris Marquez <marquezemail_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:40:51 -0500

All,

Thanks all for the comments and ideas.

It appears that this is still not simple in Oracle.

I have a (long) plan to ALTER and RECREATE *things*.

Jared was right...I need the new columns on both places and wanted to avoid the MV re-create and full refresh. That's because of the object type, size and dependencies;
MVIEW
CLOB
CONTEXT INDEXES.
--