RE: MODIFY Materialized View Definition without dropping it (or the MLog) after base table alter?

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_slac.stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 18:04:53 -0800

True, however the materialized view, I think, will be marked as invalid. Even though it will still work. I'm not sure if the invalidation happends only if the source table is dropped and recreated, or during 'alter table' operations as well. The invalid status can be cleared via

alter <materialized view> compile;

Ian