Re: RAC Interconnect

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 22:54:24 -0800 (PST)

Amir, With LLT, when you have an issue with performance/node evictions you will be asked to reproduce the problem without LLT (i.e UDP) and you may not able to file bugs/enhancements with LLT. Contact me offline if you need more details on this . RacDBAs... Do you guys have any details for wider audience? -Gopal Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007146509X/ ----- Original Message ---- From: "Hameed, Amir" <Amir.Hameed@xerox.com> To: panandrao@gmail.com; ax.mount@gmail.com Cc: oracle-l@freelists.org Sent: Thursday, 23 November, 2006 10:08:03 PM Subject: RE: RAC Interconnect Hello, I have worked with LLT for over two years with DBE/AC 3.5 for 9i RAC and found no issues what-so-ever with it (LLT). It is a very reliable protocol, proprietary though, but reliable. The LMX driver does the multiplexing and de-multiplexing for LLT, so if you are using multiple interconnects, your traffic will be load-balanced without you doing/configuring anything special. I have not really seen any clear statement from Oracle for de-supporting LLT in the future even though they have been emphasizing on using UDP, which is very typical of Oracle.