Re: News: Oracle DBA Toolbar

From: Johan Muller <johan.muller_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:36:06 -0600

For the Firefox users this is probably redundant information, but on the search bar the drop-down will display a menu with an option to manage search engines. This will display a popup with a line: get more search engines that can be clicked on.

The available add-ons are at:

http://mycroft.mozdev.org/

Search on Oracle and even 'Ask Tom' will show up.

This is the one feature that has Firefox survive on my desktop (it is a resource hog but RAM is 'relatively' inexpensive).

On 11/22/06, Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Probably, blocking, MICROSOFT, DB2, SYBASE and etc.
>
> I have found in my personal expereinece that Firefox uses more
> resource on the system than IE.
>

> On 11/22/06, Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > "Pop-up Blocker" what does it have to do with Oracle???
> >
> > "Integrated RSS Manager" what does it have to do with Oracle???
> >
> > "OTN Search" zillions of plug-ins existing for Firefox.
> >
> > "One-click access to SQL*Plus install, Downloads, MetaLink, and more".
> > Single click to SQL*Plus Install??? How often do you install
> > SQL*Plus??? And what's wrong with usual bookmarks and bookmarks
> > toolbar?
> >
> > "Online Support FAQ" Right... what would I do without that greatest
> > unfakeable support???
> >
> > Anyway... Firefox users have this all for a while already so they
> > don't need to bother. ;-)
> >

> > On 11/20/06, Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qg.com> wrote:
> > > I love this statement:
> > >
> > > "yeah, yeah, we know; a Mozilla/Firefox version is
> forthcoming"
> > >
> > > At least Oracle: a) recognizes that all of their Linux stuff is
> hardly
> > > manageable from Winders, and b) has a sense of humor!
> > >
> > > I just may try it when the Firefox edition comes out...
> >

> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Alex Gorbachev
> >
> > The Pythian Group
> > Sr. Oracle DBA
> >
> > http://www.pythian.com/blogs/author/alex/
> > http://blog.oracloid.com
> > --

> Best Regards,
> Syed Jaffar Hussain
> 8i,9i & 10g OCP DBA
>
> I blog at :http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
>
> http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain

> "Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."

Johan Muller
Oracle DBA
(214) 676 2147 anytime.

Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." --Benjamin Franklin