Re: News: Oracle DBA Toolbar

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:27:33 +0300

>>> "Pop-up Blocker" what does it have to do with Oracle???

Probably, blocking, MICROSOFT, DB2, SYBASE and etc.

I have found in my personal expereinece that Firefox uses more resource on the system than IE.

On 11/22/06, Alex Gorbachev <gorbyx_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> "Pop-up Blocker" what does it have to do with Oracle???
>
> "Integrated RSS Manager" what does it have to do with Oracle???
>
> "OTN Search" zillions of plug-ins existing for Firefox.
>
> "One-click access to SQL*Plus install, Downloads, MetaLink, and more".
> Single click to SQL*Plus Install??? How often do you install
> SQL*Plus??? And what's wrong with usual bookmarks and bookmarks
> toolbar?
>
> "Online Support FAQ" Right... what would I do without that greatest
> unfakeable support???
>
> Anyway... Firefox users have this all for a while already so they
> don't need to bother. ;-)
>

> On 11/20/06, Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_qg.com> wrote:
> > I love this statement:
> >
> > "yeah, yeah, we know; a Mozilla/Firefox version is forthcoming"
> >
> > At least Oracle: a) recognizes that all of their Linux stuff is hardly
> > manageable from Winders, and b) has a sense of humor!
> >
> > I just may try it when the Firefox edition comes out...
>

> --
> Best regards,
> Alex Gorbachev
>
> The Pythian Group
> Sr. Oracle DBA
>
> http://www.pythian.com/blogs/author/alex/
> http://blog.oracloid.com

Best Regards,
Syed Jaffar Hussain
8i,9i & 10g OCP DBA

I blog at :http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/

http://www.oracle.com/technology/community/oracle_ace/ace1.html#hussain
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."