Re: asm disks

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 07:35:02 -0800 (PST)

Randy,

1MB offset is more of a best practice, than the requirement. That is just to preserve the accidental overwrite or corruption of ASM disks during fdisk operations.

Have a nice day !!
Best Regards,
K Gopalakrishnan,
Co-Author: Oracle Wait Interface: Oracle Press 2004.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007222729X/

Author: Oracle Database 10g RAC Handbook, Oracle Press 2006
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/007146509X/