RE: "create index offline"

From: <genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 17:39:09 -0600

Mark,

So what you think is that the note means is "alter index rebuild" instead of "alter index rebuild online"?

thank you

Gene Gurevich

             oracle-l-bounce_at_f
             reelists.org
             11/09/2006 05:13          "Bobak, Mark"
             PM                        <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>,
                                       <genegurevich_at_discoverfinancial.com
                                       >, <oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
             Please respond to                                          cc
             Mark.Bobak_at_il.pro
                 quest.com                                         Subject
                                       RE: "create index offline"

Ok, I was curious, so, I did a MetaLink search. I found a bug related to rebuilding an index online. The workaround listed was "create index offline". In this context, I think all it means is to do the index rebuild or index create without specifying the 'online' keyword.

-Mark

--

Mark J. Bobak
Senior Oracle Architect

There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which shouldn't be done at all. -Peter F. Drucker, 1909-2005