RE: SQL*Net encryption with SSH port forwarding

From: Tanel Poder <tanel.poder.003_at_mail.ee>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 00:37:18 +0800

Hi Amir,

we used the SSH tunneling for a different reason... mostly because we needed remote GUI access and didn't have a real VPN solution configured...

But using SSH tunneling between db and application servers will require more CPU power on both sides.. also you'll have somewhat longer "network" roundtrips due sshd process scheduling latency. However only testing reveals whether it's acceptable for you..

Tanel.