rman backups

From: Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_RoswellPark.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 15:15:33 -0500

Hello all,

   I've decided to become more intimate with using rman as opposed to cron scripting. So, my first attempt at a test database bombs because of the database not being in ARCHIVELOG mode. I did a google to see if I can actually backup a db in NOARCHIVELOG mode and on Ask Tom, it says yes. I looked at the solution and it doesn't make any sense. Has anybody done this, a backup in NOARCHIVELOG mode using rman?

ciao,
Brian

Brian J. Zelli
Sr. Database Administrator
Enterprise Application/Systems Integration Information Technology - Roswell Park Cancer Institute phone: (716) 845-4460 email: brian.zelli_at_roswellpark.org

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.