Re: Anybody more familiar with "_use_old_connect_by" than I am?

From: David Lord <dlordster_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 08:50:34 +0000

On 06/11/06, Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_verizon.net> wrote:

> Oh boy, is this a blast from the past or what?

We were bitten by this too. The performance of some hierarchical queries with FIRST_ROWS hints went through the floor when we moved to 9i. Strangely, when we removed the hint, the response time for getting the first few rows back improved, so we stuck with that and never got to using the parameter.

--
David Lord