Re: RBO and Rebuild Index !!! sorry We still use RBO !!!!

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:15:14 -0000

Is there anything special about the way the tables are used, or are do they simply have a steady rate of inserts, with some deletes, and updates of non-indexed columns ?

Anything you can think of that would lead to an unusual distortion in the way space in the indexes was gradually, but not fully, released and left in an unusable state ?

Typical examples - bulk deletes with subsequent inserts to higher values with some trailing data not deleted; FIFO implemented through indexes with some trailing data not deleted.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com

Author: Cost Based Oracle: Fundamentals