We didn't have to wait long

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 01:13:08 -0400

Red Hat responded to Oracle's announcement:

http://www.redhat.com/promo/unfakeable/

I like the wordplay with "unfakeable", but there are some idiotic statements in the article:

"Q: Does Oracle's announcement include support for the Red Hat Application Stack, JBoss, Hibernate, Red Hat GFS, Red Hat Cluster Suite, and Red Hat Directory Server?
A: No. Oracle does not support any of these leading open source products."

Award winning question: since when are Red Hat Cluster Suite, GFS and Red Hat Directory Server
"leading open source products"? GFS is esoteric stuff which never managed to make inroads
into market, Red Hat Cluster Suite falls in the same category and I've never seen anybody using their directory server.
Also, the story of incompatibility because of "different testing environment" is slightly fishy. I believe that Oracle may be trying to buy Red Hat and that this announcement was designed to bring the share price down.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mladen-gogala.com